05 February 2012

Whoo! An Easy Entry, Today!

Day 5 - Favorite quotes.

Now, that one is simple. 


"All that I really know, is that I know nothing." - Socrates

This has been a favorite of mine for many years.  There is no person, situation, or idea on this planet that I cannot learn something from.  I hope, hope, hope to never act as if I do know every thing.

"All that is gold does not glitter. All those who wander are not lost."  - JRR Tolkien, Fellowship of the Ring

I have the last seven words tattooed on my foot, as a constant, always-viewable, reminder that even if I don't see the path at my feet or know every twist and turn, I am not lost.  I am a wanderer, and that might be the best experience of all.

And a new one:

"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry."  - Mark Twain

Yes, it's a variant of the "Carpe Diem" mantra, but Mark Twain says it more eloquently (and cleverly).  Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'.

Damn skippy.

No comments:

Post a Comment