18 April 2012

The Sixth Secret

Need to get back on track with a little spiritual growth talk here, right?

Dr. Dyer's sixth secret to Inner Peace and Success is: You Can't Solve a Problem with the Same Mind That Created It

On the surface, this seems simple and makes sense.  Sometimes it's better to step away, take a break, or put on a different pair of perspective glasses when faced with a problem.  Dyer proposes a different viewpoint - "Problems are simply illusions, or mistakes of intellect".

Is this radical or what?  That your problems are not really problems, but it's your mindset that makes it so?

I'm comforted, and yet, I'm disconcerted.  Just changing my thoughts will bring peace?  That's it?  To a certain point I do believe it's possible - at least with problems in our own lives.  I come back often to the first secret - be attached to nothing...when the thoughts come and I attach a "problem" label, I'm trapped.  But to actually execute the change of thought?  That's what disconcerting.  It's easier said than done.

But, life is about the effort, right?  The continual desire to try?  As Dyer says, "Change your thoughts and you change what you carry around in your head as problems."


No comments:

Post a Comment