Just finishing up day four here in the Alaskan wilderness...and while I'm not saying I've been everywhere and seen everything, I do believe I feel a bit wiser.
Case in point:
1. It's quite an adjustment to go out for a walk at ten o'clock PM...and have to wear sunglasses. But it's an environmental change I find I am growing used to.
2. however, this radical change can take a toll. I sure am not the spring chicken I thought I used to be. But, it's all good.
3. Alaska is a beautiful state. I have thoroughly enjoyed the scenery...there is nothing like it on Earth to me. I believe I could live here...June through August, anyway.
4. My sister-in-law is a talented wheeler and dealer, as well as a adequate couponer, and she has made this vacation most memorable for us. And yet, while she very much is into Extreme Couponing, I've decided I cannot emulate her. My husband, on the other hand, might...
5. I will never again complain about an hour drive from my hometown to a decent shopping center...not when my brother and his family have driven seven hour from Fairbanks to Anchorage to pick us up at the airport.
6. I underestimated the "je ne c'est pas" I would get from visiting my husband's city of birth upon arrival to Alaska. We shall now cross it off the bucket list. We may accomplish other dreams.
There may be more, but I shall leave off here.